Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Stuffed Bell Peppers

4 Large firm green bell peppers (washed, cored, de-seeded)
1 can (drained) diced tomatoes
1 lb. Ground beef (I used Trader Joes 80/20)
1 cup Quinoa uncooked
1/3 Yellow Onion (chopped)
Fresh Garlic (minced)
Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
Spinach*
*My goal was 3-4 veggies. I would have used peas if I had them, spinach worked because I had it.
Dill
Cumin
Celery Seed
Salt 
Pepper




Cook beef, add in onion and garlic, season with dill, cumin, celery seed, salt and pepper.
Cook quinoa in separate pan

When quinoa and meat are cooked mix together, pour in tomatoes, add spinach.

Spoon meat & quinoa mixture into bell peppers, layering in cheese.

Cook bell peppers for 30-40 min @ 350*
Top with cheese and let melt in oven.

Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment